Essential Functions Of This Role
- General cleaning of the building to keep it maintained and in good condition (dust, sweep, vacuum, mop, clean vents, clean restrooms, etc.).
- Vacuum, sweep and mop floors.
- Cleaning and restock restrooms.
- Safely clean spills with appropriate supplies and equipment.
- Notify supervisors or managers of repairs needed.
- Collect and dispose of trash.
- Keep cleaning supplies in stock.
- Help set-up and tear-down sport equipment for youth sports.
- Cooperate with the rest of the staff.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Follow all health and safety regulations.
- Help monitor the building and ensuring doors are locked after hours.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Perform all tasks as requested by management.
- The goal is to have a clean, safe and friendly environment for all members & staff.
- We are willing to train the right person for this position.
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Completion of YMCA-specific training.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Background check may be required.
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position.
Ability to lift 35 pounds without assistance.
Seeking a friendly, team player to help provide general cleaning of the facilities, keeping it maintained and in good condition, to provide a safe environment for all members & staff.
YMCA Staff REquirements
Mission advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fundraising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience.
Personal growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.