Asst. Preschool Teacher
- Assist lead teacher in preparing for lessons (set up classroom accordingly, organize supplies, etc.)
- Help maintain cleanliness and order in the classroom.
- interact with the children while on the playground.
- Assist with and prepare snacks.
- Attend staff meetings as necessary.
- Participate and assist with preschool swim lessons.
- The candidate must be willing to participate in annual campaign and fundraiser events.
- Efficiently perform all assigned record keeping duties.
- Help identify any developmental concerns regarding the children and follow established protocol.
- Work with lead teacher to implement individualized planning into curriculum and lesson planning.
- Ensure that all children are under appropriate supervision at all times.
- Develop effective partnerships with families.
- Attend all required meetings and trainings.
- Working towards a college degree in Child Care, Education, or a related field. Equivalent education and experience will be considered.
- One to two years related experience preferred.
- Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include completion of: Child Abuse Prevention Training; CPR; First Aid; AED; Oxygen.
- Completion of YMCA specific trainings.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to safely supervise children’s activities.
Develops, organizes and implements high quality YMCA preschool program(s). Responsible for assisting the lead teacher in carrying out lessons, providing a nurturing, well-supervised and safe environment for preschool children.
YMCA Staff REquirements
Mission advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fundraising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience.
Personal growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.