Volunteering & Advocacy
Taking an active role to bring change where it matters most
There is no other volunteer organization quite like the Y. That’s because in 10,000 neighborhoods across the nation, we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but also to deliver, lasting personal and social change.
Each of our volunteers helps move people and communities forward, delivering the benefits of good health, strong connections, greater self-confidence and a sense of security to all who seek them.
As a leading nonprofit for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y provides kids, adults, families and communities with vital support and opportunities to learn, grow and thrive.
We work tirelessly every day to nurture the potential of kids, improve our community’s health and well-being, and give back and support our neighbors.
Volunteering at the Y
Without the help of our volunteers a lot of what we accomplish at the Y simply wouldn't get done. Our volunteers donate hundreds of hours of their time to help Henry County be more healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Henry County YMCA Volunteers
- Lead our board of directors and committees
- Help raise important funding to ensure the Y is accessible to everyone in our community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building better character strengths, skills and relationships
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact important social issues for our community and our nation
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors